Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a Senior Technical Advisor, Monitoring & Evaluation for a potential 4-year data verification program in Haiti funded by USAID. The purpose of the program is to verify performance of service delivery data.
MSH saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and information. Working from more than 40 country offices and our Arlington, Virginia, and Medford, Massachusetts, US headquarters, our staff from more than 70 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
The Senior Technical Advisor for Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) will oversee the monitoring and evaluation system for reporting progress, and maintain reporting procedures and guidelines in compliance with USAID systems. The Senior Technical Advisor for M&E will be expected to develop a strong monitoring and evaluation plan consistent with the USAID results framework, coordinate the collection of data including conducting field visits for data validation, monitor the quality and completeness of data sets, contribute to the development of the program and document project performance against established outputs and indicators. S/he will also be responsible for building the capacity of the Government of Haiti, Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) and other stakeholders in the collection, utilization, and dissemination of data as well as ensuring that all monitoring and data collection activities are harmonized and information is shared. S/he will also assist the MOH to monitor programs and assess the robustness of implementing organizations’ data collection and M&E mechanisms.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
1. Design and implement the Project’s M&E system, including the development of indicators, setting targets, monitoring project progress, ensuring timely data collection, writing quarterly and annual reports, and liaising with the project financial team to track the budget in relation to all project results and outcomes.
2. Provide technical inputs to the technical team in order to assist in developing program goals and objectives as well as M&E tools and strategies and provide monitoring data to strategically inform the decisions on project performance and future direction to the project.
3. Support the MOH to develop a health sector M&E framework and monitor health system strengthening interventions.
4. Provide regularly updated reports on the status of implementation against the project goals and objectives to the Chief of Party, USAID and other program managers as required.
5. Liaise/collaborate with MOH as appropriate.
6. Collaborate with the project team in identifying project activities, processes and/or outcomes that are worthy of documentation, and design a system for capturing lessons learned and best practices.
7. Adhere to MSH procurement integrity and institutional standards and procedures in all project management responsibilities.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Advanced degree in a relevant discipline and at least 7 years of demonstrated experience designing, and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities and special studies for complex programs in developing countries.
2. Excellent command of monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
3. Knowledge of issues related to integrated health services and support programs.
4. Previous experience implementing and managing a rigorous M&E system including developing performance monitoring plans that track performance as sub-results/results and by funding stream.
5. Knowledge of data collection protocols to ensure accurate data collection and verification is essential, as well as an ability to identify data trends and communicate this information to allow for changes in program implementation.
6. M&E experience in the health sector desired, particularly in health systems strengthening.
7. Operations research experience is desired.
8. Past experience leading and building the capacity of M&E officers, including remote, field-based staff, to meet program needs and deliverables is desired.
9. Extraordinary organizational, verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required.
10. Excellent skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and DHIS2.
11. Experience with USAID programs/projects strongly preferred.
12. Strong written and oral presentation skills in French and English required.