MSH is seeking highly qualified candidates for the anticipated Tackling Deadly Diseases in Africa Programme (TDDAP). TDDAP will strengthen African health systems and institutions, through supporting:
i. Reform of the World Health Organization Africa Regional Office to deliver better on health security;
ii. countries to enhance capabilities to achieve the International Health Regulations (IHRs) based on assessment and prioritization;
iii. better governance and accountability of public health systems for disease preparedness and health security;
iv. improved data and evidence; and
v. a contingency mechanism should a pre-crisis situation arise.
1. Provide overall co-ordination of the TDDAP programme in Mali.
2. Establish excellent working relationships with the WHO country coordinators (and WHO Afro), governments and donors working in the global health security field.
3. Assist with design, implementation, and facilitation of country-level program activities and STTA assignments in the technical areas of IHR capacity strengthening, governance and accountability; data, surveillance, evidence, and rapid response to epidemic emergencies actively involving government counterparts where possible.
4. Provide guidance to and supervise the work of 3 technical experts in the above technical areas
5. Become fully embedded in Global Health Strategies (GHS) processes in-country and be a key development partner in the field.
6. Consult widely with a range of stakeholders to ensure that TDDAP interventions are fully integrated into existing GHS interventions, thereby ensuring sustainability of inputs and preventing duplication of effort.
7. Ensure the timely collection of all data and other information on country progress for reporting to DFID, WHO Afro and the Third Party Monitoring (TPM) Agency.
1. Advanced degree in a relevant discipline (medicine, epidemiology, statistics, quantitative/qualitative data analysis, management, public health).
2. Ten plus (10+) years of progressively responsible, related experience in international health programs /development work is required.
3. At least 3 years of experience supervising and directing the work of technical teams
4. Technical expertise in one of TDDAP Programme areas e.g., infectious disease prevention, detection, response, health governance, data management, surveillance
5. Deep understanding of Mali’s health system and health regulations
6. Successful track record in managing activities in low-resource settings and prior experience and success in directing international donor-funded projects.
7. Previous operations management experience is a plus.
8. Demonstrated leadership and management abilities leading a diverse team of national professionals
9. Successful prior experience working on projects in Mali, preferably with experience working with multi-sector agencies in health systems strengthening, governance, integrated disease surveillance and response, and emergency response.
10. Demonstrated strategic planning and visioning skills are required.
11. Familiarity with DFID regulations, administrative, and operations procedures is a plus Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, cross cultural communication, active listening, and negotiation skills.
12. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, WHO, NGOs, private sector groups, DfID, CAs, and donor organizations.
13. Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
14. Fluency in English and French required.