The Technical Officer works with and reports to the Technical Advisor supply chain for public health emergency. He/she will provide necessary support to the implementation of activities necessary for establishing a functional supply chain management system responsive to preparedness, prevention and response needs of public health emergencies.
1. Prepare the necessary documentation and materials required to develop guidelines, training materials, SOPs, and tools needed for supply chain preparedness for public health emergency.
2. Assists the TA in the quantification of commodities required for stocking the identified regional emergency response supply chain nodes.
3. Liaise with the regional level supply chain coordinators to implement regional and district level supply chain for emergency response.
4. Work with the TA to provide assistance to and participate in training of the national and regional supply chain coordination teams and monitor implementation of the regional and district level trainings.
5. Write reports and provide feedback to the TA supply chain in emergency for action or advice.
6. Guided by the STA and TA, support district emergency supply chain strengthening activities including making arrangements for the training.
7. Support the organization of the national and regional meetings by making available technical materials to the regional and district teams and other documentation and support as deemed necessary.
8. Coordinate with district level coordinators to arrange district coordination meetings as planned
9. Support the process of design and implementation of simulations of emergency response operations at district level by mobilizing the teams during the simulation exercises.
10. Participate in project work plan reviews as needed. .
11. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
1. A degree in Pharmacy or related field.
2. Minimum 3 years’ experience in the health sector supply chain management systems
3. Familiarity with supply chain concepts and pharmaceutical/logistic management in emergency
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced teamwork environment to meet required deadlines.
5. Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills, team player and good appreciation and dealing with team diversity.
6. Demonstrated excellent English language skills (both written and oral) with the ability to make presentations and effectively write reports.
7. Capacity building/training experience a plus.
8. Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
9. Ability and willingness to travel within Uganda at least 20% of the time.