The Technical Advisor (TA) supply chain for public health emergency works with the senior technical advisor, Technical Officers and DCOP, in establishing a functional supply chain management system responsive to preparedness, prevention and response needs of public health emergencies. H/She also supports the STA and other relevant stakeholders to develop requisite capacity for maintaining readiness to support a public health emergency. The job holder will assist the STA supply chain for public health emergency organize the stakeholders in emergency public health and ensure that necessary capacity is built among the stakeholders including; establishing regional nodes for stockpiling of supplies, quantification of commodities needed for emergency, training of regional and district coordination teams as well as conduct simulation drills/exercises for continuous preparedness among others.
1. Assist the STA supply chain in emergency establish supply chain for public health emergency for Uganda.
2. Initiate planning and actively involved in implementation of supply chain system readiness assessment for preparedness of the supply chain in the event of public health emergencies.
3. Support the process of identification of the most common diseases of public health emergency and the commodities (non-medical and medical) required to respond to such emergencies
4. Support the QPPU in the quantification of commodities required for stockpile for preparedness and routine response to public health emergencies.
5. Provide assistance to and participate in training of the national and regional supply chain coordination teams.
6. Work with the EOC, Pharmacy department and the regional coordinators to prepare the stockpile sites, ensure the sites are well organized to keep and maintain the stocks
7. Draft required SOPs, guidelines, tools and training materials for training and implementing a resilient supply chain for public health emergency and engage with the stakeholders for input and approval.
8. Assist with the drafting of training programs and activities for national, regional and district supply chain coordination teams
9. Write reports and provide feedback to the STA supply chain in emergency for action or advise
10. In collaboration with the EOC and the other NOHP members, organize training of trainers training of regional and district supply chain coordination teams.
11. Assist the EOC, pharmacy division and the STA to ensure perpetual preparedness of the supply chain system to health emergencies arising from infectious diseases.
12. Provide needed technical support in the design and implementation of simulations of emergency response operations.
13. Contribute to the development of the annual work plan, ensuring alignment with project strategy.
14. Participate in project work plan reviews as needed. .
15. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
1. A degree in Pharmacy or related field.
2. A post graduate training in public health will be of added advantage
3. Minimum 5 years’ experience in the health sector supply chain management systems including quantification of health commodities
4. Familiarity with supply chain concepts and pharmaceutical/logistics management in emergency
5. Ability to work in a fast-paced teamwork environment to meet required deadlines.
6. Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills, team player and good appreciation and dealing with team diversity.
7. Demonstrated excellent English language skills (both written and oral) with the ability to make presentations and effectively write reports.
8. Capacity building/training knowledge and skills.
9. Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications and statistical packages.
10. Ability and willingness to travel within Uganda at least 20% of the time.