The Principal Programmer SharePoint/InfoPath is responsible for developing additional data sources, InfoPath data entry forms, SharePoint workflows and reports within the Pharmaceutical Information Portal (PIP) system of the Ministry of Health to support Uganda’s essential medicines and emergency health supply chain information needs. S/he is responsible for soliciting and refining requirements from the different user stakeholders and translating those requirements into SharePoint web based applications within the PIP. S/he also reviews and optimizes the current PIP setup and works with the Technical Advisor – MIS, Business Intelligence (BI) Software Programmer and other MIS team members on expansion and onsite maintenance of the PIP data warehouse and portal
1. Design, develop and maintain key components of the pharmaceutical information portal software suite using SharePoint Server 2013 and provide for the creation, modification and deletion of collections, sites, users, groups, document libraries, web parts and apps in SharePoint.
2. Develop and implement InfoPath online and offline data capture forms with relevant validations and implement SharePoint process workflows with relevant alerts and triggers in the data capture process as well as develop tabular and visual reports, dashboards and data export capabilities for various applications in the portal.
3. Perform user stakeholder engagement, requirements gathering, analysis and refinement and compile requirements documentation for applications in the PIP and develop required applications using software development best practices; debug, test, and deploy the software solutions.
4. Provide ongoing comprehensive central SharePoint server administration including management of SharePoint permissions, support for SharePoint sites and associated applications, test updates in a development environment for security and stability purposes and thereafter deploy updates on the PIP ensuring that the system is up to date with the latest Windows updates.
5. Perform backups and restorations with the SharePoint management shell and other tools, offsite and onsite system and user support as well as work with the Technical Advisor MIS to develop and execute MIS project plans within assigned schedules and timelines.
6. Train the Ministry of Health IT team to administer and manage the developed SharePoint and InfoPath applications in the PIP data warehouse and provide end user training to users at various levels on use of the deployed apps.
7. Participate in the development of data staging, extraction, transformation and loading packages into the PIP data warehouse including implementation of related data models, reports and performance indicators for data in the deployed apps.
1. A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other strongly related field. Master’s degree in a related field an added advantage
2. 5 years or more of professional working experience with demonstrated skills in software development and maintenance (i.e., software requirements analysis, software design including object oriented analysis and design, coding, testing, documentation, configuration management, user training, deployment, and lifecycle maintenance). This includes working with users to define requirements, architecting an effective software solution, and designing web pages and applications.
3. A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a SharePoint Developer in the analysis, design, hands-on development and delivery of web-based applications based on SharePoint. •MCSE SharePoint, MCSD SharePoint Applications or other related Microsoft Certification •MCDS Web Applications certification is an added advantage. •Knowledge of InfoPath forms development •Knowledge of C# and HTML5
4. Experience with SharePoint Designer, Visual Studio/VSTA and PowerShell. Experience of building and maintaining applications using object-oriented, distributed and service-oriented methodologies and architectures. Advanced knowledge/expertise in MS SharePoint 2013 development and administration.
5. Must have a strong programming background authoring well written, well documented, modular and clean code.
6. Experience with SharePoint’s application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usages of Search, Managed Metadata, User Profile Services.
7. Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, Report Builder, SQL Server Analysis Services, and/or SQL Server Integration Services is a plus.
8. Knowledge of relational enterprise database management systems, TSQL and data warehousing technologies.
9. Attention to detail and commitment to high quality/error free deliverables.
10. Must be motivated, independent and self-sufficient. Able to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision.
11. Must be well organized, a good communicator, able to effectively prioritize tasks, and manage projects from concept to production.
12. Must be able to write thorough and concise functional and design specifications as well as easily readable end user documentation.
13. Must be well able to brainstorm with others, thrive in a collaborative team environment, multi task, and quickly adapt to change.
14. Emphasizes personal and professional growth by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
15. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and able to read and write in English.
16. A wide degree of creativity and latitude required.