Project Operations Support (70%)
- Serve as “first responder” for all issues related to project management and operations support needs, tapping into expertise of content area experts as needed.
- Partner with the PD and Senior Director of Operations (SDO) to anticipate, address, and, when needed, escalate project implementation and operations challenges requiring guidance and/or support.
- Follow up and, as needed, support project for timely follow up of requests from corporate functions for information or action related to MSH policies and standards.
- Support planning and execution (in collaboration with and under oversight by PD, SDO, Technical Directors (TDs), corporate and country offices) of project orientation and team onboarding plans, project start up and close out.
- Partner with PD, SDO, and TDs to participate in and provide support to project annual work planning and budgeting; and in collaboration with Finance and Operations, ensure budgets are realistic and aligned with planned activities.
- Assist the PD and TDs in articulating STTA needs to successfully implement the project’s work plans, develop scope of works, and maintain the STTA plan for the project. Maintain communication with and supervise consultants as requested.
- Assist SDO and PD on work plan, staffing strategy, and talent management.
- Assist SDO with monitoring of Project’s budget execution and financial pipeline, staffing plan, deliverables tracker, and contract compliance.
- Partner with Program Learning and Impact (PLI) office and support project to ensure availability and quality of project data for MSH indicators at the output, outcome, and impact levels.
- Follow up on contacts made by the Project Director and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
Project Communications (15%)
- Provide support in developing, drafting, and editing deliverables as needed including quarterly progress reports, STTA reports, and other technical deliverables.
- Draft project briefs and reports, presentations, documentation, and other communication materials. Collaborate with management, program, and communications staff in final development and production.
- Assist in preparing project management team presentations as requested.
- Ensure electronic archiving of global project management team’s project documents whether submission of documents to DEC or MSH’s Institutional Memory.
Travel, Event Coordination, and Misc. Support (15%)
- Develop and maintain internal project pending lists and meeting agendas.
- Create and administer executive and project meeting agendas as well as record, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Coordinate international staff coming to HO or domestic travel for project management team including hotel arrangements.
- Ensure that all travel arrangements are in compliance with USAID regulations and MSH procedures.
- Prepare Purchase Orders for project items to be procured in the US (plane tickets, equipment).
- Provide travelers with Memorandum of Engagement or Consultant Agreements (containing all travel details) prior to departure.
- Provide general support to project team members when traveling.
- Provide staff coverage as requested.
- Other tasks as necessary.