Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking an HMIS Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded 5-year integrated health service delivery activity in Niger and Burkina Faso. The objective of the activity will be to improve the access and quality of high impact maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health, family planning, and nutrition services at the community, primary health facility, and referral facility level.
Position contingent upon project award and funding.
The HMIS Advisor, under the supervision of the DCOP, will provide HMIS technical assistance and coordination for the implementation of strategic information activities. These include providing data management technical support, ensuring data quality assurance, and identifying and sharing best practices in health information systems.
1. Provide leadership, technical guidance and support in the use of both patient level (LAMIS) and reporting software’s (DHIS2) and other supporting applications.
2. Provide technical oversight for the implementation and capacity building of the software and other supporting applications system.
3. Provide technical assistance in setting up systems for the implementation of a systematic data analysis of data outputs from the software.
4. Performs backup and recovery of all Database Management System (DBMS)
5. Designs and develops database applications in response to the Project’s information needs using MS Excel and DHIS2.
6. Ensure quality control systems and mechanisms needed to guarantee accurate data management of information and data quality assurance is in place
7. Conduct user training and system documentation and developing SOPs as it relates to HMIS processes
8. Oversee the design and/or development of specific databases for collection, tracking and reporting of program and operational research data
9. Provide guidance to regional and site staff on HMIS and data management issues, including data quality assurance (DQA).
10. Ensure the management of standardized monitoring and evaluation indicators and tools for consistency in measurement.
11. Develop the triangulation of data sources with HMIS, provide assistance in integrating and/or ensuring the inter-operability of different health information systems with DHIS2.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the DCOP.
1. Proven DHIS2, Excel, SQL, MS Access, or other programming skills
2. Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of HIV and AIDS programming, and in managing health information management systems
3. MS SQL Server Administration and relational database design and analysis experience
4. Windows NT and Office Administration and Management
5. Proven knowledge and understanding of micro-based applications using modern RDBMS
6. Proven knowledge of web-based portals and ability to develop and manage them
7. Good knowledge of programming principles and languages
8. Thorough knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools
9. Relevant data management experience in the health sector
10. Ability to build capacity