Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a Chief of Party for a potential 5 year, $45 million USAID-funded, Health Systems Strengthening, Governance and Financing (HSS) Activity in Mali. The objective of the HSS activity is to expand access to high-quality health services and increase the Malian population's ability to plan, finance and manage their health system at the community, district, regional levels within the regions of Sikasso, Segou, and Mopti, and at the national level.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Chief of Party is responsible for the following:
1. Lead, manage and monitor the project and is accountable for project deliverables and results.
2. Champion the project’s vision and technical strategy; documentation and communication; client(s) stakeholder(s) relationships; coordination and synergy with other MSH projects and internal operations units, and contribute to business development activities.
3. Safeguard MSH’s reputation by ensuring that financial, contractual, technical, and political integrity is maintained and strengthened.
4. Ensure effective contract/agreement implementation in strict compliance with contract/ agreement clauses, MSH and donor policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
5. Ensure project staffing, structure and reporting relationships are aligned with project needs, local context and available resources and provide mentorship to the project team as per MSH policies and guidelines.
1. Master’s degree in public health, administration, or a related discipline.
2. Extensive experience in managing and implementing public health programs of the complexity, size and scope of HSS (in terms of dollar amount and number of people managed).
3. Extensive experience working in developing countries, preferably in Western Africa.
4. Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
5. Significant experience with HSS.
6. Knowledge and skills in the WHO health system components, especially in leadership, management and governance, and finance.
7. Strong inclusive leadership and management skills, and the ability to lead and manage a diverse consortium for success.
8. Good technical knowledge of the areas of maternal and child health, malaria, family planning, and nutrition.
9. Strong ability to effectively coordinate, manage and deal with diverse stakeholders and with differing priorities and perspectives.
10. English and French language skills at a minimum of the FSI-3 level.
11. Demonstrated strong writing and oral presentation skills in English.
12. Ability to travel to Sikasso, Mopti, and Segou.