The Human Resources Officer implements practices and activities of the Human Resources Management (HRM) Office in Nigeria, providing a full spectrum of HR services and programs linked to short and long-term organizational needs and objectives. He or she works closely with MSH HR Country Manager, Country Operations Management Unit Director, and the Nigeria Leadership Team to support the achievement of organizational goals and objectives through the development, implementation, and management of activities to deliver HR capacity and infrastructure in the Nigeria office.
1. Recruitment and placement
• Ensure all recruitment policies, procedures and techniques are adhered to.
• Review and prepare recruitment materials including job descriptions, job specifications, adverts and interview questions for positions to be filled.
• Carry out short listing, coordinate & participate in interviews.
• Manage all new hire employment forms.
• Maintain an active and organized data bank of applicants for various positions.
• Plan and conduct/coordinate new employee orientation including provision of information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits etc.
• Responsibility for all documentation relating to local consultants, including obtaining consultant approvals and verifications as necessary, preparation of consultant agreements and follow up on consultant deliverables and payments.
2. Salary and employee benefits management
• Support payroll administration by provision of relevant human resources information.
• Under the guidance of the HR Manager, negotiate salary for new and existing staff. HR Manager will review all offers to selected candidates, ensuring equity within the different projects.
• Communicate proposed salary changes to HR Manager and Project Director for approval.
• Job evaluation for MSH Nigeria –work with the HR Manager to ensure that all new positions are correctly placed in the right bands and job family in consultation with compensation.
3. Policies /Procedures and legislation
• Provide support to ensure that MSH practices and policies conform to best practice and country laws.
• Maintain and update the Nigeria Employee Handbook. Coordinate version control with HR Manager.
• With the HR Manager, roll out of the MSH Policies, practices across the project i.e. leave management transition, payroll management transition, intern policy, training policy etc.
4. Performance management
• Work with supervisors/managers to ensure that all new staff have set objectives for the probation period, manage due dates and decisions to confirm further employment.
• Manage the full cycle performance review process and ensure that deadlines are met. Conduct training during performance review process. Alert the HR Manager of any delays in the process.
5. HR Information systems
• Responsible for managing information in the HR information system – accurate and timely submissions.
6. Work environment
• Support initiatives geared towards creation of a safe, healthy and happy workplace such as open door policy, one MSH Family policy, trainings and safeguards that promote safety and security at workplace.
• Support initiatives geared towards a cohesive work force that promotes country office synergies.
• Responsible for management and handling of disciplinary matters.