The Technical Officer- Medicine and Therapeutics Committee (MTC) will implement activities targeted at building knowledge and skills of hospital MTCs to improve management and use of medicines and will support and monitor MTCs in conducting surveys, investigations and interventions, in the area of appropriate use, effective medicine management and antimicrobial stewardship.
1. Support in conducting of trainings aimed at building MTC knowledge and skills.
2. Conduct support supervision and mentoring of MTC to implement designated activities as by MTC plan or request from the MOH, including drug indicator surveys, medicine use evaluations, prescription audits and aggregate data analysis, root cause analysis and design and implementation of interventions to improve medicine management and use
3. Support extraction and analysis of pharmaceutical consumption and financial data and training and mentoring of hospital staff to do the same that is; from Rx solution.
4. Support analysis of pharmaceutical flow in the hospital and design or implementation of systems to ensure tracking and accountability.
5. Support the implementation of strategies to optimize the use of Rx Solution consumption and finance information.
6. Support the design and implementation of activities related to Antimicrobial resistance e.g. PPS surveys and Antimicrobial stewardship activities to improve antibiotic prescription practices.
7. Participate in all other activities of the Appropriate Medicines Use (AMU) unit as requested.
1. A pharmacist with interest in appropriate medicine use
2. At least 3 years’ experience working in a hospital pharmacy setting
3. Knowledge and understanding of the Uganda public health system
4. Experience with hospital MTCs and the use of logistic and financial data to strengthen appropriate medicine use is an added advantage
5. Strong teamwork and team-building skills
6. Strong English skills, including ability to write technical reports and documents
7. Demonstrated computer skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point
8. Skills and/or experience in study design and implementation is an added advantage