The Accounting and Payroll Manager is responsible for the oversight of all Accounts Payable, Receivable, Cash Management and Payroll processing activities in a project environment. S/he is accountable for ensuring that all accounting transactions (including payment and posting of all local expenditures, managing local payroll, posting of month-end journals, including bank reconciliation) are completed accurately, efficiently and according to MSH policy, local laws and regulations and generally accepted accounting principles and donor requirements. All accounting transactions must be entered accurately and timely into the accounting system and be supported by adequate supporting documentation. The Accounting and Payroll Manager is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s ethical conduct and procurement integrity standards in all activities.
This assignment is intended to cover the time period of February 2018 to September 30, 2018 and has an expriration date of September 30, 2018.
Ensure timely and accurate accounting services are provided in country (90%)
• Understand and articulate the basic tenets of internal control and MSH accounting practices and principles to other staff members.
• As coordinated with the COMU Director, implement and modify standard MSH procedures to manage and monitor the financial resources of the country office.
• Ensure that all costs are coded appropriately based on regulations, and MSH cost principles
• Working in close collaboration with the COMU Director, estimate upcoming cash needs and accrued expenditures and in collaboration with others, develop funds requests and communicate with MSH Home Office.
• Create and interpret standard financial reports (Balance Sheet, Income Statement. Cash Flow), and create journal entries in QuickBooks. Submit field accounting reports to the MSH Home Office per required protocols and within established deadlines.
• Ensure that all paid invoices agree with supporting documentation before processing, such as price quotes, purchase orders and shipping receipts and prior authorization and approval as required.
• Assume primary responsibility for administration of local payroll, benefits plans and other financial aspects of HR management, with consultation and support from the COMU Director and Corporate HR Partner.
• Maintain current standing with all mandated tax and registrations, including submission of any payments and/or required reports to government entities.
• Provide an audit interface between MSH Corporate Accounting, MSH external audit firms and donor auditors
Other Duties (10%)
• Maintenance of local employee files and processing of applications and payments of local employee benefits, including insurances and termination benefits.
• Bachelor’s level degree in Accounting or Business Management, with emphasis in accounting or equivalent certification from an accredited higher educational institution
• Master’s level degree in Accounting or Business Management, with emphasis in accounting or equivalent certification from an accredited higher educational institution
• Six (6) plus years’ experience in accounting management
• Seven (7) plus years’ experience in accounting management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Accounting Degree, plus work experience as accountant, through trial balance.
• Competency in QuickBooks accounting software, Excel and Word.
• Haiti specific context related to local labor and taxation.
• Significant experience with donor funded projects and international development assistance programs strongly desirable.
• Experience working with international donors preferable
• Intermediate level of English or better.